Project Risk Analysis
Football Match as Charity Event — Project Risk Analysis
The football match is organized as a charity event to raise more funds. Yet, as any other organized endeavor, it stands to suffer due to several potential risks. Some of these risks include the chance of rains, the chance that a certain player would not show up and so on. While these risks seem rather trivial, a deeper look at the situation would reveal that they in fact have the ability of ruining the entire event especially when they can occur at all levels of the project life cycle — defining, planning, executing and delivering (Gray and Larson, 2002).
The risks which can occur at phase levels include:
At the defining level, when the project is assessed in terms of the needs it has to satisfy, a major risk is materialized in the possibility of the wrongful identification of the need.
During the planning level, the primary risk is that of setting unrealistic schedules or budgets. It could for instance be possible to leave out important details such as how the charity money would be collected. Also, since people would be giving money, they might welcome a souvenir by which to remember their good deed. It is important that the donors be rewarded. At this stage, there are several details which could be left out or misinterpreted. Another risk at this stage refers to the inadequate allocation of the resources.
3. In the executing stage, the main risk is that of implementing an inadequate course of action to achieve the pre-established goals. In other words, it is possible for changes to be incurred, for the forecasts not to be met or for the quality of the services to not meet the pre-established standards.
4. Finally, in the delivering stage, the main risks are given by material insufficiencies in the implementation of the project, such as lack of training on the part of the team members or lack of technical support. Also, it could be possible for the consumers to not be interested in the project, or for the organizing team to not learn from the mistakes it had made.
Aside these stages, risks can also occur at the level of individual tasks. At a generic level, the tasks evident in this project can be summarized as follows: authorization for the organization of the football match; logistics operations; planning; marketing; development and implementation and finally control and evaluation.
– the authorization stage should not consume any financial resources and would be completed within an estimated week. It reveals the risks of an inability to retrieve the authorization, which means that the organizers should solicit it in time so that they have the ability to make any required alterations
– the logistics tasks are expected to run expenditures of an estimated $3,000 and are expected to be completed within two weeks
– the planning tasks would consume an estimated $5,000 and their completion would require an approximate three weeks
– the marketing functions are designed to attract participants to the event and to promote the event itself and increase its credibility. It is approximated to consume $2,000 and to require two weeks for completion.
– the development and implementation stage would require minimum resource consumption as it is constructed on the resources previously invested.
– Finally, the control and evaluation stage would require an estimated week and would consume an approximate $1,000. The main risk at this stage is that of not observing the mistakes or not learning from them.
A Work Breakdown structure would be presented as follows:
The risk mitigation strategy is constructed based on the previously identified risks, in a means that the following recommendations address the risks:
1. It is necessary that the team organizing and managing the event be formed from professional planners who are skilled, experienced and objective and who will as such clearly identify the project needs, as well as assign the tasks, distribute responsibility and efficiently manage the resources.
2. It is of the utmost importance to recognize the uniqueness of the event and to treat it as such. In other words, it is useful to hire people with previous experience in football matches and charity events who can introduce elements of appeal to the participants, but who are also able to comprehend the necessities and offer adequate answers.
3. In order to ensure that each stage in the design process is constructed to reach the pre-established goals, it is vital to verify how each intermediate stage in the design supports the efficient development of the football match and/or how it supports the raising of funds.
4. It is important to efficiently identify and allocate the resources based on each particular need. The allocation of the resources has to be sufficient, but not wasteful; in other words, it has to be efficient.
5. Finally, in order to ensure that the entire project is uniform and presented as an integrated and fully functional element, it is of the utmost importance to organize all phases, tasks and responsibilities into a single process. Otherwise put, it is necessary to construct an environment in which the team members are trustworthy and function as a whole in order to attain a common goal.
Gray, C.F., Larson, E.W., 2002, Project Management: The Managerial Process, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill / Irwin, ISBN 0072833483
Estimating Project Times and Costs, San Jose State University, http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/bentley_d/Fall%2007/Bus%20286%20Lecture%20Material/Ch%2005%20Estimating%20Time%20&%20Costs.ppt last accessed on May 12, 2010
Project Life Cycle — Project Cycle Management, Visitask, http://www.visitask.com/project-life-cycle.asp last accessed on May 12, 2010
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!