1. The main purpose of Kwokâ€™s book is to extend postcolonial scholarly discourse. Building on the work of Edward Said, Kwok claims that contemporary Biblical scholarship and theology has been inextricably linked to colonial structures, paradigms, and assumptions. These underlying epistemologies have a strong impact on how theology is conducted, and the implications thereof. Kwok wants to change how theology is done, which is beyond a discursive activity. Although the book is too complex for one thesis statement, Kwokâ€™s key thesis would be that the â€œpostcolonial imagination refers to a desire, a determination, and a process of disengagement from the whole colonial syndrome, which takes many forms and guises,â€ (3). The purpose of the book is stated well, albeit in a lengthy way. It is certainly justifiable in light of the progress that has already been made in postcolonial scholarship.
2. The key question the author is addressing is how to think differently about Christianity, Christian theology, and about postcolonial politics, too, and what different modes of thinking might mean for changing real world relationships and power structures? Kwok phases the question as how it is possible to â€œdecolonize the mindâ€? (22). From this central question, the author poses numerous corollary questions. For example, Kwok wants to know how the voices of marginalized communities and particularly women can be effectively woven into a cohesive narrative about human past, present, and future possibilities? The author also wants to know how theological discourse can impact political realities.
3. The most important information from the book include an explication of the process of â€œdecolonizing the mind,â€ which is addressed in the first section of Postcolonial Imagination and Feminist Theology. Central to the process of decolonizing the mind is incorporating the experiences of women of color because patriarchal hegemony has shaped not just the substantive content of theological discourse but its discursive practices and assumptions too. Second, Kwok formulates a cohesive postcolonial feminist theology, borrowing from queer theology and feminist theology. The author claims that it is important to shift to a transnational approach to truly liberate the mind and shift the balance of power. Kwok uses an abundance of relevant empirical and anecdotal evidence from multiple sources including narratives that fit within the proposed postcolonial feminist theological process.
4. The main inferences that move forward the overall argument of the book include welcoming multiple voices to promote the process of postcolonial feminist theology, and how to â€œresignifyâ€ gender entirely (Kwok 23). While prior postcolonial and feminist discourse have focused squarely on the results of patriarchy, Kwok suggests that the future depends on actually restructuring political realities through different approaches to knowledge and power. Because theological knowledge has inherent power, the author shows how reinventing Christianity is not just possible but is already taking place. Political upheavals in the postcolonial world often parallel the process of feminizing theology, and envisioning a feminized Christ is also part of the process, something that the author addresses in Chapter 7. The author is also eminently concerned with pluralism, affirming its necessity to equalize power structures worldwide. In addition to referring to alternative points of view, the author does use a sound line of reasoning to substantiate the claims.
5. The authorâ€™s main assumptions include the relevance of theology on restructuring global politics, and the importance of feminist theology in promoting social justice. The author seems ironically committed to a Christian worldview in spite of claims towards pluralism. However, the author remains sensitive to her position and places it within a global context. The first section of the book more squarely addresses these concessions, and the author deftly extricates herself from the problems that would have been inherent in assuming that postcolonial feminism and social justice both depend on theological arguments.
6a. If readers take the authorâ€™s line of argument seriously, the implications are that plurality of perspective is actually possible. The implications are that diverse voices can come together in harmony to create a new vision for the future of international relations, shifting feminist theory from academia and placing it squarely on the worldâ€™s stage. The author wants the reader to invest in her point of view, to move beyond just critical thinking about the problems of patriarchy and hegemony. It is important to now focus on how to build a new future based on the principles outlined in the text, such as inclusivity and justice.
6b. The authorâ€™s line of argument implies that next steps towards achieving social justice, gender equity, and parity are grounded in how individuals think about their role in the world. Because the first section of the book focuses on the
postcolonial imagination, the author wants to show how epistemology and modes of thinking are the foundation for change. No social or political change can be effective or take root globally without first restructuring the ways people think, which is achieved by shifting outmoded cognitive patterns. The author certainly displays sensitivity to the implications and consequences of the position.
7. The point of view of the author is that of an Asian-Christian with a global worldview. Drawing on Christian theology ironically aligns the author with European colonial structures, which she then attempts to dismantle and reassemble using a postcolonial and feminist imagination and method. The authorâ€™s work is multidisciplinary, drawing from sociology as much as religion, philosophy, and anthropology. Taking into account the challenges to reworking the rigid and crystallized versions of political, religious, and social institutions, the author does show sensitivity to alternative points of view and responds accordingly, albeit all the while remaining steadfast to her position.
Kwok, Pui-lan. Postcolonial Imagination and Feminist Theology. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2005.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!