Business Plan for Legal Nurse Consulting
Legal Nursing Services Inc.(LNS) is a proposed legal nursing consulting firm which will be located in Baltimore, Maryland. The firm will be staffed with seasoned legal nurse consultants who are experts in medical-related cases. The core business of LNS will be to help clients (lawyers and attorneys) on issues related to analyzing and appraising medical records so as to ensure that they provide satisfactory services to their clients. LNS will equally offer services aimed at ensuring that our clients understand medical terminology as well as other issues related to healthcare delivery. This will enable our clients to provide stellar legal services to their clients. LNS will be a limited liability company that will be chartered in Maryland, United States.
In order to put the proposed LNS operations into perspective, it is worth taking a brief look at its mission, objectives, organizational plan, resources and staffing, implementation and evaluation plans.
The mission of LNS is to work with attorneys and other stakeholders in the legal process in evaluating, analyzing and rendering of objective and informed opinions with respect to healthcare delivery. Our services in this regard will also cover issues related to the outcomes of the delivery of healthcare to the residents of our potential host communities. As such, our role in this regard will be as strategists, educators or collaborators on legal issues related to medical litigation, among others. Thus we will provide services on medically related legal issues particularly those that cover healthcare licensure investigation, personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, toxic torts, workers’ compensation, and so on.
In the first three years of operation, LNS will achieve the following:
1. Establish and run a company which will provide stellar services to the clients. Our main goal in this regard is to exceed the expectations of our clients by applying the principles of total quality management;
2. Patiently build a client list that will be made up of loyal customers. Such a client list will include at least 35 law firms with a revenue base of at least $2 million.
3. Build a company that will have the capability of providing services to our clients at a subsidized rate.
LNS will be a limited liability company that will be established by family members. This means that LNS will enjoy the status that will be similar to a corporation because owners will enjoy the privileges of limited personal liability for the debts and actions of the company (Hubbard & O’Brien, 2009; Miller, 2011; Graham et al., 2010). However, many states in the United States, particularly, Maryland, did not put any restrictions on the ownership structure of limited liability companies. As such LNS will welcome other individuals, companies, and even foreign entities to become part of the owners.
LNS will commence its operation by first of all opening an office in Baltimore, Maryland. From there it will open branch offices in other major cities in the United States.
LNS will provide the following services to their clients:
1. Organize, analyze, and appraise medical records and other related litigation materials on behalf of their clients;
2. Prepare, compare, and correlate healthcare events to allegations;
3. Conduct interviews on behalf of their clients;
4. Assist clients in identifying and appraising standards of care and other related issues such as causation and damage issues;
5. Assist the clients to effectively determine whether or not a case has a merit or is defensible;
6. Assist the clients in developing and in preparing exhibits;
7. Assist the clients on issues related to depositions and trials;
8. Assist clients in other key areas such as in preparing and analyzing complaints, trial briefs, status reports, queries for cross-examinations, and so on.
9. Perform other vital functions on behalf of the clients, such as attendance of medical examinations, document production requests, and so on.
Resources and Staffing
The following start-up cost for LNS covers the cost of office space, website creation and other miscellaneous costs such as the cost of registration of the business, general office maintenance, rent, advertising and staff remuneration. These costs will be based on the current market costs for the items listed.
The office equipments in this regard will include three computers, one fax machine, one copier, one land line, one printer, DSL connection, and office furniture. The office staff will consist of two certified legal nurse consultants, one office manager, two administrative assistants, and one receptionist.
An important part of the start-up cost is the cost of advertising. The company will use four methods of advertisements: online advertising, TV, Yellow Pages, and newspaper advertising.
The breakdown of the start-up costs is presented visually using the table 1 and figure 1 below.
Table 1 — Start-Up Summary
1. Company Registration (Maryland)
2. Rent and utility bills (1-year)
3. Legal Expenses
4. Other (eg. Advertisement, etc.)
1. Three Computers
2. 1 Laser Fax / Copier Machine
3. One Copier
4. One Landline (12 months bill)
5. One Printer
6. One DSL Connection
7. Office Furniture
8. Office Supplies (6 months supply)
9. Miscellaneous Expenses
OFFICE STAFF REMUNERATION
1. Two certified Legal Nurse
Consultants (one year salary)
2. One Office Manager (One year salary)
3. Two Administrative Assistants (one year salary)
4. One Receptionist (one year salary)
5. One Accountant (one year salary)
Sources of Funding
LNS plans to obtain its capital of $543,624 from three major sources, loans from banks, loans from non-bank financial institutions, and savings and contributions from the individual owners. The breakdown of these funding sources is illustrated in figure 2 below.
Market Analysis Summary
A significant proportion of workers in the health field are made up of nurses. As was reported by to the U.S. Department of Labor (2011) the demand for nurses as well as the services they provide will reach about 5 million within the next ten years. Similarly, the demand for the services provided by the legal nurse consultants will grow significantly within the next ten years (RN Degrees, 2010; Vickie Milazzo Institute, 2011). It is important to note here that the major clients of the legal nurse consultants include law firms, insurance companies, government agencies, and health care risk management departments. The bottom line here is that so long as there are attorneys, there will be a thriving market for legal nurse consulting services (Milazzo,2006; Legal Nurse Consultant Jobs, 2010). To sum, LNS clients will consist of the following categories of individuals: attorneys (both plaintiffs and defense), insurance companies, healthcare facilities, other certified nurse consultants, government agencies and private corporations).
Implementation Strategy and Milestones
The company will start by using networking, advertising and public relations campaigns to secure, build and maintain new customer and client base. As was explained in the previous section, there is a large as well as a growing market demand for the services provided by LNS. The company will take advantage of this lucrative market to reap huge profits. The implementation strategy and milestones are presented on table 2 below.
Table 2 — LNS Implementation Strategy and Milestones
1. Company Registration
2. Securing Start-up capital/loan of $543,624
3. Renting of office space, purchase and installation of office furniture and supplies, and so on.
4. Hiring of staff and collection and analysis of information on clients/customer demographics.
5. Soliciting for clients and customers via networking and advertisement
LNS can boast of having a competitive edge in the industry owing to the company’s possession of three key qualities — networking, experience and specialization.
1. LNS will ensure that its staff regularly attends both the formal and informal meetings and workshops of nursing consulting firms, especially those of them whose industry is related to legal consulting. This will ensure that the company networks with the professionals in the industry. In addition, it will enable LNS to quickly attain its objectives of having at least 35 law firms within a few years of operation.
2. LNS will hire those professionals who have at least four years work experience in the industry. These professionals will thus be attractive to potential clients because of their wide experience in the industry.
3. By specializing in providing only health-related legal issues, LNS can provide professional and excellent services to the clients.
LNS projects that by following the implementation plan shown on table 2, the company can achieve its goal of having at least 35 law firms as clients quicker. The company’s projected client base by the year 2015 is shown on table 3 below.
Table 3 — Sales/Clients’ Forecast
Number of Clients
LNS break-even analysis will be based on what the company will need in hours and revenue per year in order to attain the break-even point. This is further based on the following assumptions:
1. The company will charge $150 per hour for each client.
2. The company expects to spend at least 80 hours a year with each client.
3. The company expect to see at least 30 clients per year, which will generate a revenue of $150 x 30 x 80 = $360,000. For the purpose of this computation, this will be regarded as the selling price.
4. The company expects its yearly fixed costs to be $526,000. This fixed cost consists of the cost of staff remuneration, utility bills and advertising.
5. The company expects its variable costs to be about $344,000 a year, comprising of the cost of equipment servicing and maintenance, legal costs, and so on.
Given the above assumption, the company’s yearly break-even point can be computed as follows:
The implication of the above computation is that LNS must service at least 33 clients per year in order to break even.
Projected Profit & Loss
LNS’s projected Profit and loss, based on information from the previous section and on data from sales forecast on table 3 is presented on table 4. From the information on table 4, it can be seen that LNS’s business will be a lucrative one.
Table 4 — Projected Profit & Loss Data
1. Sales ($)
2. Total Expenses (Operating costs, staff remuneration, tax, and so on)
LNS’s operations will be considered successful when the following situation occurs:
1. LNS’s service acceptance rate increases by at least 40%;
2. The company’s revenue and market share increases by 50% within the third year of operation;
3. The company’s profit increases by at least 20% every year;
4. The company’s return on investment (ROI) becomes at least 20% every year.
The demand for the services of LNS will continue to grow in the United States due to the ongoing dependence of U.S. attorneys on legal nurse consulting services. This assertion is simply a reflection of the fact that most attorneys are not well-informed about how to properly read and interpret medical records or medical terminologies and other related health issues. Besides, a large proportion of attorneys know that they can provide stellar services to their clients if they have someone to help them in reading medical records and in analyzing and interpreting the subtleties of healthcare issues. This explains why they will have insatiable demand for LNS services. As was shown in this business plan, LNS will be properly positioned to reap huge profits based on this scenario.
Graham J.R., Smart S.B., & Megginson W.L. (2010): Corporate Finance — Linking
Theory to What Companies Do. Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Hubbard R.G., O’Brien a.P. (2009): Macroeconomics. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-
Legal Nurse Consultant Jobs (2010): Growing Demand for Legal Nurse Consulting jobs.
Retrieved March 20, 2011 from http://www.legal-nurse-consultant-
Milazzo V. (2006): Demand for Legal Nurse Consultants at All-Time High. American Chronicle. Retrieved March 20, 2011 from http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/11688
Miller L.M. (2011): Economics Today. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.
RN Degrees (2010): Legal Nurse Consulting: An Exciting Career Move. Retrieved March
19, 2011 from http://rndegrees.net/become-a-legal-nurse-consultant.php
U.S. Department of Labor (2011): Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses.
Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11 Edition. Retrieved March 20, 2011
Vickie Milazzo Institute (2011): Frequently Asked Questions. Retrieved March 20, 2011
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!